9.10.2010

One more month of the CSA season


This is my first year having a share, in a local CSA - Fruitful Hills Farm. I'd been meaning to be a part of something like this for several years and I really do love it. We get a box full of local, organically grown vegetables + dozen eggs, every week. This started mid-May and will end mid-October. I also get 3 free-range chickens over the course of the season. Being this closely linked to a farmer who grows food my family eats, feels extremely good for my soul. The food tastes 1000X better than virtually anything you can get from any grocery store too.

What I made for dinner last night from the bounty:

brown rice pilaf

saute of:
roasted spaghetti squash
leeks
purple long beans
baby carrots
kale
okra

topped with fresh basil/extra virgin olive oil puree

So good!!!
I wonder if good food can save my mortal soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment