3.14.2010

Gluten-Free Cranberry Almond Granola


I've mostly been eating gluten and dairy free now, for 4+ months. I made the change for health reasons. I should officially get tested, but currently I don't think I'm allergic. My body just feels better when I don't eat gluten or dairy. Trust me it's hard. I LOVE dairy - cheese, butter, ice cream. I usually eat this granola with almond or rice milk.

3c gluten-free oats (Bob's Red Mill brand)
3/4c whole almonds
1/4c flax seeds
1/4c rice flour
1/4c sorghum flour
pinch of salt

3/4c honey
1/2c cranberry juice
1T vanilla extract
2t coconut oil
1T ground ginger

1c dried cranberries

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Stir to combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. Warm the next five ingredients over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
  4. Pour honey/juice mix over the oat mix and and toss together until all of the oat mix is wet.
  5. Turn out granola on to a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 45 minutes, turning the granola and "cutting" into it every 12-15 minutes
  7. Allow to cool and toss in the dried cranberries

You could easily substitute other nuts like pistachios or cashews or whatever you like and substitute the dried cranberries with dried cherries, raisins, apricots or again whatever you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment