5.16.2010

Werner's Specialty Foods


I think I've touched on the subject of the gluten & dairy-free diet I am currently on. I would say I am 95+% gluten & dairy free. So what happens the other 5% of the time you might ask yourself? Lately it's been exactly what you're looking at - a Bier Cheese Brat from Werner's Specialty Foods 5736 Johnson Drive Mission, KS 66202. If you live in Kansas City, you MUST go there next Saturday. NO EXCUSES! Seriously. Check out their website - http://www.wernerswurst.com/
On Saturdays, you'll find sausage-lovers lined up behind a small stand, next to a large wood-fire grill, waiting to sink their teeth into a fresh, hand-made sausage. Take your pick Bier Brat, Bier Cheese Brat, Italian, Kielbasa, Polish, Andouille, Knackwurst, Bockwurst, or the "Sausage of the Day"- Chorizo when I was there 2 Saturdays ago. Top your grilled sausage with spicy mustard and sauerkraut and you're good to go! Also try the Schnitzel or the Rueben at the deli inside during the week and you won't be disappointed. I promise.
I could go for a grilled sausage right now, but it's Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. hey, how's the dairy free thing going? got any good tips? i can't really do dairy, and taking lactaid all the time kinda sucks. i'm pretty good at avoiding it, but am always looking for good, easy, dairy free recipes.

    ReplyDelete