4.03.2010

El Camino Real tacos

I've been slightly obsessed with getting tacos al pastor from a small taqueria in downtown KC, KS - El Camino Real. I've been going there for lunch once a week for at least the past month. Good, fresh, cheap food, locally. Got to love that. I'd die before I'd ever go back to Taco Bell again(and I haven't been to one in a long time). Sorry, you fast food lovers out there. It's true.
  1. They make their own corn tortillas, fresh, right by the grill.
  2. They hand-carve the tender, seasoned pork meat off a huge meat skewer(kind of gyro meat-esque).
  3. Throw in a little bit of griddled pineapple for good measure.
  4. At the table, you top the tacos with fresh chopped cilantro, raw onion, a smokey chipotle-style, blended salsa. This pic was taken right after delivery, before I put toppings on...
That's what you get. SO GOOD!
Meet me there for lunch next week? I'll be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment